MAKE A REQUEST
Your requests are an integral part of The Sounds of Broadway. Requests are inserted into all open programs. In addition, every night from 8:00 – 10:00PM EST is an all-request programming block. Searching our extensive listing of thousands of show music songs is easy:
- Search for a song or cast album in the Search field.
- Click the ” √ ” sign to add your selection to the Request queue.
- Click the ” √ ” sign again in the lower right corner to confirm your request.
- You will see “Your request has been added to the queue” in the middle of the page.
- In the top left corner you will see “Request Received.”
Your selection is now added to the Request Queue. You can make up to two requests per hour.
If you enjoy listening to our 24/7 streaming music or our “On Broadway” podcasts, please consider making a small donation. Your financial support helps us cover our costs – and it makes us feel greatly appreciated.
MUSIC SCHEDULE & ROTATION
Sounds of Broadway embraces the holiday season with Christmas, and a smattering of Hanukah music, on:
- Thursday, December 24 from 5:00 – 9:00PM
- Friday, December 25 from 8:00AM – 3:30PM.
There will be holiday gems from such musicals as Rent, Elf, Promises, Promises, Annie, Mame and many more.
What’s Playing Right Now on Broadway
We have all the musicals currently playing on Broadway, from the new, such as “Jagged Little Pill” and “The Tina Turner Musical” to such long running shows as “Phantom of the Opera” and “Chicago.”
» 10:00 – 11:00 PM EST (Daily)
The Composer Series
An hour of music from seven different composers.
- Cole Porter – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Monday)
- Rodgers & Hammerstein – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Tuesday)
- Sheldon Harnick & Jerry Bock – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Wednesday)
- John Kander & Fred Ebb – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Thursday)
- Stephen Sondheim – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Friday)
- Jule Styne – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Saturday)
- George Gershwin – 10:00 – 11:00 AM EST (Sunday)
Lost in Boston
In 1994 the Varese Sarabande label put out a series of recordings titled “Lost in Boston,” which, in this case, referred to songs cut from Broadway shows in their out-of-town tryouts. There was a lot of great material, which we present here.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Thursday)
Not every Broadway show has ended up with an original cast album. In 1994 the Varese Sarabande label put out a series of studio recordings titled “Unsung Broadway,” which included some of the best songs that never made it onto vinyl.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Friday)
Best of Forbidden Broadway
Forbidden Broadway was a cabaret styled show that spoofed everything and anything Broadway–from musicals themselves, to performers, and trends. The original production opened in January 1982, written and directed by Gerard Alessandrini. Over the years there have been many iterations and Sounds of Broadway has them all.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Monday and Saturday)
Best of MGM Movie Musicals
The MGM movie musicals have been the gold standard for movie musicals. We have them all on Sounds of Broadway.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Sunday)
Throughout musical theater history, some of the most memorable show tunes have been a musical’s title song. We’ve gathered a number of them here for your enjoyment.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Tuesday)
Sadly, an overture is heard less and less on the musical stage, but not here on Sounds of Broadway. We have the best openings, so sit back and enjoy these classic musical theater overtures.
» 11:00 – 12:00 AM EST (Wednesday)