MAKE A REQUEST
Your requests are an integral part of The Sounds of Broadway. Requests are inserted into all open programs. In addition, every night from 8pm – 10pm EST is an all-request programming block. Searching our extensive listing of thousands of show music songs is easy:
- Search for a song or cast album in the Search field.
- Click the ” √ ” sign to add your selection to the Request queue.
- Click the ” √ ” sign again in the lower right corner to confirm your request.
- You will see “Your request has been added to the queue” in the middle of the page.
- In the top left corner you will see “Request Received.”
Your selection is now added to the Request Queue. You can make up to two requests per hour.
If you enjoy listening to our 24/7 streaming music or our “On Broadway” podcasts, please consider making a small donation. Your financial support helps us cover our costs – and it makes us feel greatly appreciated.
MUSIC SCHEDULE & ROTATION
(All times are EST / Atlantic time zone)
Current Broadway Shows
Listen to selections from musicals currently playing on Broadway.
» Monday – Sunday, 1am – 2am
» Monday – Sunday, 10pm – 11pm
Curtain up is a complete cast recording played from Overture to Finale. Each week’s featured broadcast premieres on Fridays at 8pm with re-broadcasts the following Monday at 4am and Wednesday at 11am. Check out our home page for this week’s spotlight.
» Premiere: 8pm (Friday)
» Re-broadcast: 2am (Monday)
» Re-broadcast: 11am (Wednesday)
The Composer Series
The Composer Series is an hour of music from seven different composers, broadcast daily from 10am – 11am and 12am – 1am.
- Monday: Cole Porter
- Tuesday: Rodgers & Hammerstein
- Wednesday: Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Thursday: John Kander & Fred Ebb
- Friday: Stephen Sondheim
- Saturday, October 9: The Gershwins
- Saturday, October 16: The Gershwins
- Saturday, October 23: Lerner & Loewe
- Saturday, October 30: Lerner & Loewe
- Saturday, November 6: Stephen Schwartz
- Saturday, November 13: Stephen Schwartz
- Saturday, November 20: Charles Strouse
- Saturday, November 27: Charles Strouse
- Saturday, December 4: Cy Coleman
- Saturday, December 4: Cy Coleman
- Saturday, December 11: Jerry Herman
- Saturday, December 18: Jerry Herman
- Sunday: Jule Styne
Lost in Boston
In 1994 the Varese Sarabande label put out a series of recordings titled “Lost in Boston,” which, in this case, referred to songs cut from Broadway shows in their out-of-town tryouts. There was a lot of great material, which we present here.
» 11pm – 12 midnight (Thursday)
Best of Forbidden Broadway
Forbidden Broadway was a cabaret styled show that spoofed everything and anything Broadway–from musicals themselves, to performers, and trends. The original production opened in January 1982, written and directed by Gerard Alessandrini. Over the years there have been many iterations and Sounds of Broadway has them all.
» 11pm – 12 midnight (Monday and Saturday)
Best of MGM Movie Musicals
The MGM movie musicals have been the gold standard for movie musicals. We have them all on Sounds of Broadway.
» 11pm – 12 midnight (Sunday)
Throughout musical theater history, some of the most memorable show tunes have been a musical’s title song. We’ve gathered a number of them here for your enjoyment.
» 11pm – 12 midnight (Tuesday and Friday)
Sadly, an overture is heard less and less on the musical stage, but not here on Sounds of Broadway. We have the best openings, so sit back and enjoy these classic musical theater overtures.
» 11pm – 12 midnight (Wednesday)