“On Broadway” is a weekly podcast that is a companion to Sounds of Broadway – our 24/7 online Broadway music radio featuring the best in the Off-Broadway, Broadway, and the London stage. New podcast episodes are uploaded every Friday.
Full information for each episode including playlists is available at BroadwayRadioPrograms.com/podcasts.
Use the embed podcast player to listen to any of the shows hosted in our library at podcast.co. Or visit the actual show page listed under “Latest Episodes” for full notes and the playlist.
- The Goodbye Show (1/15/2021) – The first of two politically apolitical episodes. This week, simply, Goodbye to the current administration in Washington, D.C.
- When? (1/8/2021) – When this? When that? All songs tonight answer this time-challenged question.
- Happy Birthday Jule Stein (1/1/2021) – We celebrate the anniversary of composer Jule Styne’s birth, born on December 31, 1905. Selections from over a dozen of his musicals are presented including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Peter Pan, Gypsy, and Funny Girl.
- In Memory of Rebecca Luker (12/25/2020) – In memory of Rebecca Luker, who passed away on Wednesday, December 23 at age 59, we play selections from her Off-Broadway and Broadway musicals, from studio cast recordings she sang on, selections from her solo recordings and other collections.
- Snow and Rain (12/18/2020) – New England got socked by a Nor’easter during the taping of this episode so why not play songs about snow and, as it warmed up, rain.
- Dreaming (12/11/2020) – During these troubled times, we dream about life getting back to normal, the upcoming holiday season, and the reopening of theaters across the globe. With this in mind, all songs on this episode will have “Dream” in the title.
- Coming Home (11/27/2020) – On this holiday weekend, we celebrate with songs of home, wherever home may be for this year.
- LONG Production Numbers (11/20/2020) – On this episode, we hear long (at least 7.5 minutes) and satisfying, razzle dazzle production numbers.
- Animal Songs (11/13/2020) – On this episode, songs from the Broadway stage that have animals in the title or where animals are a key part of the song.
- BackStageBite.com Interview (11/6/2020) – On this episode, I interview Katie Lynch, the creator and host of the video podcast, BackStageBite.com – a show that combines cooking and interviews with Broadway stars. We also play some of her favorite musical theater songs.
- Spooky Halloween (10/30/2020) – On this episode, scary, spooky Halloween music from Off-Broadway and Broadway stages.
- Cast Recording of “What About Luv?” (10/23/2020) – On this episode, the full cast recording of the Off-Broadway musical, What About Luv, which is based on the absurdist comedy, Luv. The composing team of the show – Howard Marren, who wrote the music and Susan Birkenhead, the lyricist spent time with me to provide remembrances of their time working on the show. Their recollections are interspersed within the songs.
- Audio Recording of Luv (10/16/2020) – On this episode, an audio recording of the 1964 absurdist comedy, Luv, with the original cast of Alan Arkin, Eli Wallach and Anne Jackson. The production, which was directed by Mike Nichols, opened on Nov. 11, 1964 and ran for over 900 performances.
- Interview with Jason Graae (10/2/2020) – On this episode, I chat with the multi-talented actor, Jason Graae, about his career and play selections from a number of the 75+ recordings he has appeared on.