“On Broadway,” with host Stuart Brown, features chats and interviews in this bi-weekly podcast, a companion to ‘Sounds of Broadway’ – our 24/7 online Broadway music radio. New episodes are released every other Friday. Full information for each episode including playlists is available at BroadwayRadioPrograms.com/podcasts. Or click on the links below for the latest shows.
Our RSS feed is available at feed.pod.co/on-broadway. And you can listen via the embedded media player from Podcast.co, through your favorite podcast app, or directly in your browser via the services listed below. (Certain services like Apple/iTunes may require an app.)
Use the embed podcast player to listen to any of the shows hosted in our library at podcast.co. Or visit the actual show page listed under “Latest Episodes” for full notes and the playlist.
- Broadway Records Recent Releases (9/10) – Our podcast this week spotlights recent releases from Broadway Records (broadwayrecords.com) including selections from Edge of the World, My Marcello, and Falling Love with Mr. Dellamort.
- The Nina Simone Musical (8/24) – Interview with Laiona Michelle, the creator and star of the one-woman musical, Little Girl Blue: The Nina Simone Musical, about the life and music of the legendary Nina Simone.
- Interview with Peter Von Mayrhauser (8/20) – Peter von Mayrhauser, who has been a stage manager and producer on Broadway for 40 years, will discuss his memories of the hits … and flops from musicals during their Boston tryouts. We’ll talk about Mame, Funny Girl, Subways are for Sleeping, I Can Get It For You Wholesale, and more.
- Musical Potpourri #3 (8/6) – For our third edition in this series, we feature selections from shows that include: Mean Girls, Ghost – the Musical, Hamilton, The Prom, Finding Neverland, Groundhog Day, and more.
- Musical Potpourri #2 (7/23) – Our podcast this week is another edition of “Musical Potpourri” created from a series of one-hour mini radio shows previously syndicated to college radio stations.
- Musical Potpourri #1 (7/9) – Our podcast this week is a “Musical Potpourri” created from a series of one-hour mini radio shows previously syndicated to college radio stations.
- Happy Birthday Cole Part part 2 (6/25) – Our celebration of the 130th anniversary of the birth of composer Cole Porter continues with Part 2, featuring music from many more of his beloved favorites including Something for the Boys, Mexican Hayride, Kiss Me, Kate, Out of This World, Can-Can, and Silk Stockings.
- Happy Birthday Cole Part part 1 (6/11) – We celebrate the 130th anniversary of the birth of composer Cole Porter, featuring music from such shows as Fifty Million Frenchmen; The New Yorkers; Anything Goes; Red, Hot, and Blue; You Never Know; and Leave It to Me!
- Stephen Sondheim Encyclopedia (5/28) – In this episode Stuart Brown interviews Rick Pender, author of The Stephen Sondheim Encyclopedia, a comprehensive reference devoted to musical theater’s most prolific and admired artists.
- Interview with Kevin Connors (5/14) – In this episode, Stuart Brown interviews Kevin Connors, founder and Executive Artistic Director of Music Theatre of Connecticut in Norwalk. MTC was one of the first theaters in the country that Actor’s Equity allowed for in-person performances.
» Peruse our entire library of more than 600 episodes since 2006 at BroadwayRadioPrograms.com/podcasts.